|Location: CENTRAL LONDON, LONDON||Salary: 15.57 - 18.17 GBP Per Hour|
|Sector: Accountancy||Job Type: Temporary|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: 1|
|Posted: 7 months ago||Reference: 3112576|
Duration: 6 months temporary before potentially going permanent
Start date: Week commencing Monday 23rd October
Hours: 9am - 5pm (37 hours per week) - can be flexible
My client, an Educational organisation based in central London, are seeking to recruit a part qualified Accountant to join their growing team. This is a newly created position as the organisation is currently centralising their various finance functions.
The role will report directly into the Acting Director of Finance and supervise 1 member of staff. Previous supervisory experience is essential.
- To reconcile control accounts.
- To prepare month end routine closure.
- To produce monthly management reports.
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Assisting in the preparation of timely monthly management accounts for 5 schools, including P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow
- Highlighting key variances on monthly accounts
- Supporting the development of financial systems and policies.
- Maintain financial records and support auditing when required to do so.
- Preparing month end reconciliations of all Balance Sheet items.
- Assisting in preparation of weekly and monthly Cash Flow and implementing actions
- Organise and implement end of year payroll procedures.
- Assist schools in the production of termly sales invoices, including reminders etc.
- Maintenance of computerised Purchase Ledger, General Ledger, Sales Ledger.
- Maintenance of Cashbook and Bank Reconciliation.
- To Reconcile Supplier Statements and creditors ledgers on a timely manner.
- Preparation and posting of Month End journals for all accounting adjustments – wages, deferred income, prepayments, accruals
- To support the Acting Director of Finance in the development of Grant Applications.
- To support the Acting Director in Internal Control and Budget Monitoring Process.
- To ensure all financials, including grant funding and project funding, are compliant with UK Company and Charity Law and all statutory reporting requirements are being met.
- To ensure the Procurement Process are being follow across the Trust.
- To support Acting Director of Finance for other ad hoc tasks as required from time to time.
- To support Academy Finance Staff, if required and supervise Finance Officer.
You will only be considered for this role if you are AAT qualified (Level 4) as a minimum. ACCA or CIMA PQ would be advantageous.
The organisation is currently using SAGE accounting software, but is soon to be implementing PS Financials. With that, experience of using PS Financials would be very advantageous.
Interviews are due to be carried out week commencing Monday 16th October with a view to starting the week after, commencing Mon 23rd Oct. Please only apply if you're available at the above times.
28000.00 - 35000.00 GBP Per Annum
HEMEL HEMPSTEAD, HERTFORDSHIRERead more
15 - 16 GBP Per Hour
GODSTONE, SURREYRead more
28000 - 32000 GBP Per Annum
REDHILL, SURREYRead more
35000 - 48000 GBP Per Annum
LEATHERHEAD, SURREYRead more
25000 - 50000 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
OXTED, SURREYRead more