The main purpose of this role is the design, specification, project management and supervision of capital and revenue work, including programmed maintenance contracts and the design of all types of installations in Council owned public buildings (excluding housing).
Key duties will include:
- To design electrical services applicable to various works projects covering electrical installations including estimating for such, preparation of tender documentation and writing specifications, placing out to tender, supervision of works, contract administration up to and including the agreement of final accounts.
- To prepare specifications for programmed maintenance contracts covering electrical installations, including estimating for such, preparation of tender documentation, specification, placing out to tender, administration of contract for the prescribed period of the contract by liaising with Contractors, Property Managers and Client Departments.
- To fault find and trouble shoot electrical services and recommend measures to rectify identified faults.
This role would be perfect for you if you can demonstrate the following:
- A Degree in Engineering or HNC/HND with relevant post qualification experience. Membership of the Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE) or other suitable professional qualification.
- To be conversant with current regulations relating to Electrical Installations such as, HSE Guidelines, Approved Code of Practice, BSRIA, IET 17th Edition Wiring Regulations (BS7671: as amended and CDM Regulations.
- Experience in preparing contract documentation including drawings and specifications for major items of capital and revenue works covering design, repair/ trouble shooting, maintenance/ renewal and replacement or updating electrical installations.
- Ability to deliver the service in accordance with any statutory, policy, financial, contractual or legal responsibilities, to ensure the appropriate and timely delivery of services.