|Location: MANCHESTER, LANCASHIRE||Salary: 28000 - 32000 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Health||Job Type: Contract|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 8 months ago||Reference: 3090518|
They place clients at the heart of the services we offer and design packages of care around them. This means Active Assistance is able to support people on a ‘live in’ or ‘live out’ basis.
Unlike many domiciliary care agencies, they employ a Nursing Team and Therapists who supervise the service we provide to our clients. Each member of their Nursing Team has specialist skills and knowledge relevant to the client group they support.
Our client's service operates nationwide. They recruit Live In and Live Out care workers UK wide; award winning induction training is offered as standard for all our new recruits.
• Train and assess Personal Care Assistants in clinical skills such as Suction, Tracheostomy care, Ventilation, Enteral Feed, Catheterisation etc.
• Work with Care Service Managers to ensure all Personal Care Assistants are competent to carry out extended roles
• Work with the Governance team to develop and update knowledge documents in line with best practice
• Complete New Client Assessments as required and input new client documents as required
• Working with the Training Team, support the training, development and supervision of Personal Care Assistants, including Bowel Management & Competency Training where applicable; this is both office and regionally based
• Update specialist knowledge & skills in line with current best practice regarding Neurological conditions etc.
• Support Director of Quality and Governance/Regional Clinical Manager in the development of new care packages to ensure that the company’s financial objectives are achieved
• Attend and contribute to Regional Team Meetings and other meetings as required
• Inform the Director of Quality and Governance/Regional Clinical Manager of any issues that are likely to adversely impact quality of client care and/or health and safety of employees
• Tasks and projects as determined by Director of Quality and Governance/Regional Clinical Manager and within the scope of the role
• Registered General Nurse, Registered Sick Children’s Nurse, Registered Learning Disabilities Nurse, with knowledge and understanding of clinical skills such as Tracheostomy, Enteral Feed, and Catheterisation etc.
• Independent, self-motivated and able to work with minimal direct supervision
• Willing to travel extensively predominantly within own geographical/regional area in order to deliver training
• Willing to work unsociable hours to fit in with shadowing and training Personal Assistants whilst on shifts, this will include some evenings, nights and weekends
• Willing to travel to our various training venues as appropriate on a regular basis to attend meetings and assist with training
• Car owner with full UK driving licence
• Previous experience working with people with Spinal Cord Injury, Acquired Brain Injury or long term Neurological conditions, ideally in a community setting
• Training qualification i.e. Teaching & Assessing award, Mentorship award, Moving and Handling Trainer and/or Assessor
• Excellent team work along with verbal & written communication skills, results driven
• Computer literate with good Microsoft Word knowledge
19000.00 - 22500.00 GBP Per Annum
HAMMERSMITH, LONDONRead more
45000.00 - 49000.00 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
LANCASTER, LANCASHIRERead more
LANCASTER, LANCASHIRERead more
29000.00 - 31000.00 GBP Per Annum
LEEDS, WEST YORKSHIRERead more
25000 - 30000 GBP Per Annum
CARDIFF, SOUTH GLAMORGANRead more