Do you have a Call centre/ Customer service and Problem solving background? Our client in public sector is currently recruiting for 10 Contact Centre Officers to join them on a temporary contract until July 2018.
Shift work pattern between Mon - Sunday, flexible working hours 24/7.
Provide a service for the public and service by eliciting and evaluating information from callers, providing information or advice to callers as appropriate and deciding on appropriate courses of action as required.
1. Use professional contact management skills to effectively probe, build rapport, control challenging contact, elicit information and provide reassurance where necessary.
2. Identify and record the essential information and, using professional judgement, evaluate the urgency of the incident based on type of incident, risk, harm and potential lines of enquiry. Prioritise using graded response guidelines and make decisions regarding the most appropriate course of action.
3. Ensure all information is recorded accurately and classified correctly in compliance with National requirements
4. Effectively navigate through a wide variety of IT systems ensuring all other relevant information is captured e.g. previous history and pass all information following policy and protocols to the correct function and/or individual.
5. Advise customers where their enquiry/issue is not a police matter and if appropriate direct them to alternative and partner agencies. Transfer customers and pass messages to other parts of the organisation as required
Good standard of education including competent literacy skills and the ability to think logically.
+ Recent experience of a customer facing environment where post holder regularly interacts with individuals of all ages.
+ Recent experience of working in a computerised environment, with an aptitude to navigate multiple IT systems. Proven keyboard skills with the capability to type at least 30 words per minute*.
+ Proven questioning and listening skills with the ability to communicate verbally and in writing through a variety of media.
+ Resilient, reliable and able to cope in a pressured environment with the ability to remain calm and accurate in volatile situations.
+ Ability to use own initiative and professional judgement to solve problems and identify risk.
+ Ability to work flexibly in a 24/7, all year round environment.
+ Recent experience of working in a contact centre environment.
If you have the neccessary skills and experience, please apply online now or Kristine/ Wendy for more information on 01908 660057.