Main Purpose of the role
To co-ordinate and influence all contracting activity for our client, ensuring effective and efficient contract and category management. To ensure compliance with the relevant authorities, public procurement regulations and EU procurement directives and the development of contract strategies. To contribute to achieving the vision, purpose and values of the business.
Ensure development of best practice contracting and tender processes including the preparation of tendering documentation for goods and services.
Maintain computerised systems in Tender Registration and the Quotation Register of contracts for distribution throughout the three forces.
To assist in the contract management and periodic review of existing contracts.
Develop and implement contract targets and contract performance measures for key contracts.
Deputise for the Contracts Manager as and when required.
To implement, review and maintain a business development plan that delivers significant targeted savings and efficiencies for the relevant category.
To work in collaboration with other forces and lead/coordinate meetings internally and externally as appropriate with the aim of approaching suppliers as a single entity.
To actively manage contracts and engage with Procurement Team, budget holders and suppliers, ensuring that Service Level/Key Performance Indicators are upheld as per the contract and future letting dates are achieved in a timely fashion.
To assist in undertaking market research, analysis, supplier visits and meetings, ensuring that any new opportunities/threats are gathered and considered within the ongoing category strategy.
To achieve targets and objectives as agreed with Contracts Manager.
To provide regular business and financial reports including regular audits of procurement activities of devolved budget holders to identify variances and the future needs of the department.
If this role sounds like what you are looking for, please contact Simon Mills on 01223462872 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of working with Reed:
• Flexibility on your work life balance
• A competitive hourly rate of pay
• Reed discount scheme - discount on Internet and high street stores
• Life insurance and critical illness cover, cash plan including optical and dental
• Online training programs
• Maternity, Paternity and Adoption pay
• Access to company pension scheme
• Access to an electronic portal to complete timesheets, view all payslips and request holidays
• Earn £50 for each friend you refer to us
• Weekly Pay
• Holiday Pay – 28 days per annum
• Guaranteed offers of work
• Reed Rewards
• Training & Development
• Eye Test & Spectacle Vouchers
• Reimbursed Police Checks
• E-Account for timesheets, payslips etc.
• Professional Temping Agreement
• First and Secondary points of contact
|Location: ROYSTON, HERTFORDSHIRE||Salary: 14.26 - 14.26 GBP Per Hour|
|Sector: Business Support||Job Type: Temporary|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: 1|
|Posted: 9 months ago||Reference: 3090151|
Main Purpose of the role