|Location: ACTON, LONDON||Salary: 35000.00 - 37000.00 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Accountancy||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: 2|
|Posted: 9 months ago||Reference: 3091813|
My client is looking for an experienced Credit Control Supervisor to join the team. The main duties will be:
· To cover for Head of Credit and their duties in their absence to include but not limited to reporting and authorising credit limits.
· To assist the Head of Credit with strategic change within the department.
· Processing new account applications and setting up new accounts.
· Assessing customers’ credit limits and terms on a regular basis.
· Chasing payments from customers, liaising with the sales team and placing accounts on hold where appropriate.
· Preparing instruction files and taking legal action to recover balances on delinquent accounts.
· Recommending write off where balances are irrecoverable.
· Negotiating payment plans where necessary with the Head of Credit Control’s approval.
· Allocating payments to accounts.
· Sending copies of invoices or credit notes and proof of deliveries.
· Minimising risks of potential bad debt on a day to day basis (liaising with the sales teams to prioritise troubleshooting visits).
· Updating customer records, tracking customer payments and allocating payments to customers’ accounts.
· Ensuring customer queries are answered efficiently and professionally.
· Daily logging of calls via diary notes and updating computerised diary system.
· Printing and sorting invoices on a daily basis.
· Raising credit notes.
· Raising monthly write-offs journals.
· Dealing with customer liquidations and insolvency.
· Dealing with trade reference requests.
· Strong oral / written communication skills.
· Successful experience of working as a Senior Credit Controller for a minimum of 4 years.
· Experience of using computerised ERP / credit control systems.
· Experience of minimising bad debts.
· Understand key terms i.e. “DSO”.
· Able to organise own workload effectively.
· Able to work to tight deadlines.
· Good time management and prioritisation skills.
· Excellent cross functional working skills.
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Ability to communicate effectively (face to face, on the telephone and in writing).
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word.
· Ability to achieve personal goals and contribute to the achievement of team goals for cash collection and bad debt levels.
· Ability to work consistently to high standards of accuracy.
· A strong team player who is able to provide support to more junior colleagues.
13.77 - 13.77 GBP Per Hour
MILTON KEYNES, BUCKINGHAMSHIRERead more
19000.00 - 22000 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
KING'S LYNN, NORFOLKRead more
18000.00 - 22000.00 GBP Per Annum
HARROW ON THE HILL, MIDDLESEXRead more
18000 - 22000 GBP Per Annum
WALSALL, WEST MIDLANDSRead more
8.50 - 8.70 GBP Per Hour
LANCASTER, LANCASHIRERead more