An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Credit Controller with line management experience. I’m currently working with a fantastic business in the West of Glasgow who are seeking to add to their team during a period of growth. The successful candidate will manage aged debt in line with customer payment terms and will have overall responsibility for the motivation and development of direct reports.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Pursuing arrears by telephone, letter and email
- Building effective relationships through rapport building and regular communication
- Reporting on aged debt and forecasting incoming payments
- Regularly providing collection updates to Finance Manager, discussing any problem accounts and agreeing next steps
- Dealing with any invoice / payment queries – investigating with stakeholders to provide resolution
- Reconciling accounts and payments
- Ensuring incoming payments are allocated correctly
- Managing and supporting 2x direct reports, including 1-2-1’s and yearly appraisals
- Monitoring team workflow and prioritising urgent tasks
- Making process improvement suggestions
The successful candidate will be a confident communicator, with previous experience of line management of accounting staff. You will have experience of managing your own ledger with the ability to prioritise and manage workload to ensure tasks are completed within SLA’s. You will be confident reporting on data, and a competent user of Microsoft Excel with the ability to use VLookups and Pivot Tables to manipulate data and produce reporting. An excellent salary is on offer with generous benefits package. If you’d like to find out more, please apply now or contact Rhyan Scott for more information on 0141 241 4702.