As part of the commercial finance team, you’ll be instrumental in supporting one of the UK’s leading resource management businesses, helping to drive improved financial performance that supports a greener, more sustainable approach to waste management.
You'll be hands on, assisting stakeholders across the organisation, helping them to make better decisions through sound financial analysis and guidance on where improvements can be made.
With the UK moving towards a more sustainable circular economy, you'll be part of a business that's committed to supporting ongoing, low carbon energy creation.
They are big on progression and development so if you want to work for a large growing business where you can continue your development and studies (which they will support) and could represent a fantastic opportunity for you.
Reporting to the finance business partner, your responsibilities would include:
- Provide accurate, high quality financial analysis to drive business performance.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively delivering high levels of customer service to tight deadlines.
- Ensure compliance with the financial and operational procedures of the Group.
- Supporting the development and embedding of a positive safety culture at all levels across the Company and in particular the relevant business area.
- To provide accurate, high quality financial analysis to be able to provide insightful information and recommendations to aid operational efficiency, cost control and to identify areas of potential revenue growth.
- To prepare and analyse investment appraisals.
- Preparation of detailed operational analysis and variance interrogation and recommendations to improve operational and financial performance.
- Prepare accurate, timely monthly financial reports with reliable conclusions that management can use to drive operational and financial performance in order to drive profitability.
- Prepare accurate budget and forecast models by understanding business drivers for revenue, OPEX and CAPEX in order to be able to improve budget / forecast accuracy.
- Prepare monthly Site Profit and Loss accounts ensuring all postings for accruals, prepayments accurately posted and reconciled and prepare analysis and commentary on monthly results to explain performance.
- Prepare and analyse financial and operational KPI’s.
The ideal candidate
- AAT qualified / part qualified CIMA / ACCA or accounting degree with exemptions
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft packages, in particular, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word
- Experience of working with large data sets and be able to pull out and present clear analysis which informs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- To be able to prepare clear / insightful financial analysis which will drive operational and financial performance.
- Experience of using financial analysis to identify and recommend areas for operational and financial improvements
- Ability to challenge and influence
- Presentation skills
- Vision, identifying opportunities to improve
- A competitive Salary
- Study Support
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- 6% matched pension
- Huge opportunities for progression
If you are ready to work for a world class organisation making a real difference nationally and in the community, APPLY NOW