Reed Liverpool are presently recruiting for a Finance Analyst to join a busy fast paced accounts team in Liverpool City Centre.
The purpose of the finance analyst is to lead in the preparation and development of key management information to enable efficient, effective and commercially focused performance reporting within the business.
The finance analyst is responsible for researching reporting requirements for a variety of stakeholders for current and newly awarded contracts, including designing robust controls to ensure the accuracy of the data presented.
The role will work closely with other departments to ensure business reporting requirements are delivered in an efficient and cost effective manner and will ensure usage of the BI tool is maximised.
- The ongoing production of daily, weekly, periodic and annual performance analysis
- To oversee the preparation of the company’s daily Flash reports, ensuring the data is both accurate and complete and pre-empting future changes as business needs evolve
- The development of BI tool generated reports to facilitate ad-hoc reporting requests
- To provide daily MI as required to support PRaP processing, claims reconciliation and subcontractor claims analysis
- The preparation of commercially focused KPI analysis for senior Operational and Commercial Management to drive performance improvement
- The preparation of regular period performance management information including the consolidation of reporting packs required to support contract service delivery board meetings and branch operational management
- The preparation of accurate and robust contractual performance statistics inline with internal and customer requirements
- To provide input from a finance perspective into future developments of the BI Tool and other MI reporting tools used in the business including writing business cases specifications for new reporting requirements
- Develop and maintain strong professional working relationships with Operations colleagues by maintaining an approachable presence
- To assist the Financial Controller and the Claims and Management Information Manager in responding to ad-hoc management information reporting requests
Skills & experience
- Previous experience in a financial analysis role
- A minimum of 2 A-Levels or an equivalent Level 3 Diploma.
- Demonstrable advanced Visual Basic skills
- Demonstrable advanced excel spreadsheet skills with pivots, macros and look-ups
- Previous experience of using Business Intelligence / Data warehousing products
- Demonstrable advanced analytical skills with the ability to produce accurate, interactive and user friendly management information for varying levels in the organisation
- Demonstrable experience in dealing with high volumes of data with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to present complex management information to all levels in the organisation
- Ability to quickly understand and follow complex systems and procedures
- A proactive and flexible, ‘can do’ attitude
- Be able to work under pressure and work to strict reporting deadlines
- A strong sense of honesty and integrity
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- 25 Days holiday + bank holidays
- Business reward scheme
- Death in service 4 x salary
APPLY NOW to avoid disappointment!!!