|Location: KINGSTON UPON THAMES, SURREY||Salary: 14.5 - 18.3 GBP Per Hour|
|Sector: HR||Job Type: Contract|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: 4|
|Posted: 2 months ago||Reference: 3056553|
The purpose of the role will be to support the delivery of the HR service to staff and managers by working in the HR department with other HR advisers, reporting to a HR manager, to provide a range of HR services - including recruitment, absence management, induction and organisational change - to client groups across the organisation. The postholder will also be responsible for carrying out administrative duties for the HR function and the processes involved in the delivery of service across the company. This will include travel across sites in order to provide cover and to support events.
• Carry out the day to day work of the HR division for identified staff groups, providing information to staff and act as a point of contact in respect of HR related queries, ensuring that the HR team provides an excellent and timely service to staff.
• Provide advice and guidance to managers and staff on HR related matters, ensuring appropriate consideration of policies and procedures, and relevant case law and legislation.
• Work with the HR Manager to guide managers in the use of HR interventions and strategies, and ensure appropriate compliance with internal policy, legislation and good practice.
• Work with the HR Manager to provide a complete recruitment and selection service for the client groups within the scope of responsibility. This includes supporting the creation of job descriptions and person specifications, creating advertisements and participating in the selection process.
• Ensure that all pre-employment checks are completed, appropriate documentation is verified and safeguarding requirements are fulfilled, including obtaining compliance certificates for agency staff as required. Ensure that the Single Central Record is kept complete and up to date.
• Deliver an effective induction service to new starters and provide information on procedure-related issues arising during induction. Assist with the organisation and communication of organisation-wide induction training as required.
• Administer mandatory training programmes, communicating with staff and liaising with providers as required and provide reports in relation to participation.
• Work with the HR Manager to develop the use of the Cascade system within the client groups supported by the postholder.
• Liaise with the Payroll team, and where appropriate Finance Team, to ensure that payments are processed and allocated accurately and in a timely manner and that payroll audit requirements are met.
• Produce contractual documentation and general correspondence as requested for new starters, leavers and in-service variations, and respond to requests for employment references.
• Keep updated in respect of changes in legislation and best practice that may affect the HR service and assist with updating HR related policies and procedures.
• Must have experience of working in an HR administration role.
• Must have good IT skills.
• Experience of providing HR in the education sector is desirable.
• Level 3 Certificate in Human Resources Practice or a willingness to complete this qualification is desirable.
• Must have excellent communication, interpersonal and prioritisation skills.
• Must be willing to travel to the organisation's various sites.
40000 - 40000 GBP Per Annum
ALDERSHOT, HAMPSHIRERead more
40000 - 40000 GBP Per Annum
11.50-13.00 GBP Per hourSalary Negotiable
CHESTERFIELD, DERBYSHIRE, UNITED KINGDOMRead more
18.86 - 18.86 GBP Per Hour
SHEFFIELD, SOUTH YORKSHIRERead more
25000 - 30000 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
GUILDFORD, SURREYRead more