One of the largest and well respected local authority based in North London are looking to recruit a Multi-skilled Operative on a three months contract with a view to extend. It is a full time role Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week.
Primary Job Function
To support the delivery of quality trade repairs to ensure decent and suitable housing working as part of a team carrying out relevant trade works associated, but not limited, to maintenance works to all types of the council’s managed properties and social spaces, as scheduled or directed by supervisor.
- To carry out relevant trade duties as instructed by the Supervisor on Responsive, Planned, Empty Homes, High Value Repairs or Capital Repairs to an excellent standard upon completion.
- To plan and organise workload to maximise productive time and ensure the best service to customers. This includes dealing with urgent and emergency repairs and ensuring, as far as practicable, that all appointments and targets are met.
- To promptly inform a scheduler planner/supervisor of any unanticipated problems or delays that might impact on appointments for that day, so that work can be rescheduled.
- To provide regular updates and information to supervisors/scheduler planner team and other colleagues to assist with ordering of materials, planning and scheduling of work.
- To report any follow on or related repair works identified with the customer/colleague where these cannot be completed during the visit, providing sufficient detail to ensure an accurate ‘further works’ order is raised on the system.
- To maintain and contribute to the control of the stock and other company property held on any assigned company vehicle. To ensure the security, care and appropriate use of stock, tools, materials, plant, and equipment and any other items issued.
- To organise materials, tools, and equipment required to complete planned work and to arrange for stock to be replenished as needed and notify the Supervisor of any difficulties.
If you have the required experience and skill set apply now for immediate attention.