Are you looking for a new exciting position? Would you like to work within a leading UK Media outlet? Then this is the role for YOU!
My client is recruiting for a Finance Analyst to provide financial information and planning support to their ever growing finance team and business managers, enabling the business to make efficient commercial decisions. You would be responsible for the management of financial reporting and processes throughout their UK DVD and EST businesses. This will also provide business partnering to senior EST stakeholders.
As an essential part of the team, the role will include the following duties:
- Provide accurate analysis of monthly results in accordance to against budgets and latest forecasts
- Monitor and update KPI reporting and post investment reviews measuring delivery of returns
- Prepare modelling of 5 year plans and create new business initiatives to also support delivery
- Communicate, report and present relevant data and trends to the wider business to aid development of a strong financial control environment
- Provide support to the business through analysing new opportunities for existing businesses and modelling new strategic methods to develop business models
- Annual and quarterly planning process through provision of supporting schedules, including timeley maintenance of date within SAP/ BW financial systems
- Work with regional finance teams to ensure compliance with Accounting Policies, IFRS, and where applicable local GAAP to ensure business risks are minimised and continually looking for opportunities to improve processes and controls to ensure compliance and minimise risk.
- Support manager by providing value added analysis and recommendations
- Assist with review of statutory accounts, tax and VAT returns for subsidiary business to meet company and statutory requirements.
The ideal candidate will be required to have the following:
- Experience of preparing and reviewing financial analysis to a high standard within tight deadlines.
- Experience of financial reporting and forecasting within the media, entertainment or publishing industry desirable.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel (including pivot tables). SAP and BW experience preferable.
- Good awareness of current and prospective technical accounting and reporting requirements under IFRS.