|Location: SOUTH EAST LONDON, LONDON||Salary: 220 - 275 GBP Per Day|
|Sector: Business Support||Job Type: Contract|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: 5|
|Posted: 12 months ago||Reference: 3069696|
Manage and develop Local Labour employment, training and procurement opportunities for the benefit of residents and businesses.
Act as a strategic Council contact for engaging with Council partners, suppliers and other businesses to ensure they comply with local labour commitments to secure employment and training for local residents and to secure procurement opportunities for local business.
What you need to succeed
• Significant strategic experience of engaging with businesses and public sector organisation to develop local labour and procurement opportunities for residents and SMEs.
• Significant experience of leading a multi sector partnership that delivers relevant high quality local provision
• Extensive experience of engaging private, public and voluntary sector employers in providing job, training and placement opportunities for local people
• Significant experience of effective partnership working with individuals and organisations
• Excellent project management experience that includes developing and delivering new projects
• Experience of successfully influencing and negotiating with colleagues across a range of sectors
• Experience of assisting in or leading on external funding bids
• Experience of managing complex budgets and ensuring that effective monitoring systems are in place
Knowledge & Professional Qualification(s)
• Knowledge of government regeneration initiatives linked to economic development and enterprise
• Knowledge of how section 106 Planning funds can be applied to maximise opportunities for local labour and SME development
• Knowledge of the SME business sector
• In depth understanding of buyer needs, fitness to supply and procurement processes
• A thorough understanding of the issues affecting the construction sector.
• Knowledge of national and regional policy issues that impact on local labour schemes
• Knowledge of adult learning, vocational guidance services and job matching services
• In depth knowledge of the skills and recruitment needs of the employers particularly in the construction sector
What you need to do now
All applications should be made via the ‘Apply now’ button.
20000 - 25000 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
WAKEFIELD, WEST YORKSHIRERead more
9.00 - 10.00 GBP Per Hour
WILMSLOW, CHESHIRERead more
8.00 - 10.00 GBP Per Hour
BRADFORD, WEST YORKSHIRERead more
16.55 - 20.52 GBP Per Hour
LEEDS, WEST YORKSHIRERead more
DONCASTER, SOUTH YORKSHIRERead more