|Location: WANDSWORTH, LONDON||Salary: 38000.00 - 45000.00 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits|
|Sector: Procurement & Supply Chain||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: 1|
|Posted: 4 months ago||Reference: 3263316|
Transport & Logistics Manager
About the Employer
This is a nationwide provider of transport for customers attending events and excursions.
About the Role
This role will be to establish and run all of the transport management for the company and strategically drive efficiencies. You will be in a fast paced environment, responsible for up to 100 drivers. Key priorities are to establish and maintain a high level of health and safety management, providing a class leading service to our customers, meeting all performance targets and ensuring that this is achieved within budget.
• Transport experience – Operations Manager 3 years +
• To be considered for the position you must hold a CPC (Cert. of Professional Competence), be MiDAS trained and hold current Transport Health & Safety Training.
• Excellent commercial acumen and understanding of contracts and develops a profit centre approach that is focused on bottom line performance.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills, ability to have tough conversations and manage potential conflict whilst maintaining effective communication.
• A strong manager, monitoring and supporting your team providing regular communications, encouraging feedback and contribution of ideas and initiatives.
• Successful in building effective stakeholder relationships with the ability to influence management teams’ thinking to deliver high performance through a culture of accountability and ownership.
• Knowledge and experience of using relevant IT systems to drive performance.
• Experienced in developing a high performing team
• Personal resilience, tenacity and motivated by achievement
• Strong planning and analytical skills
• Innovative with an enthusiasm to drive positive growth the development of new and existing initiatives, processes and procedures.
• Achieving the service revenue and profit target in line with the annual budget set, through optimizing transport planning, technology, fleet utilization and resource management,
• Ensuring the department’s performance consistently meets the client requirements, whilst listening to the customers and striving to exceed their expectations.
• Establishing, motivating and developing the transport team to ensure KPI's are being met, all relevant information is given and all resources are available.
• Driving a culture of efficiency and continuous improvement by utilising the most appropriate methodology on a consistent basis.
• Ensuring risk is effectively managed through compliance with all company policies including Health and Safety aas well as operating within legal and regulatory requirements.
• Inputting in an informed and accurate way into budgeting and forecasting of the service.
• Operating in accordance with budgetary requirements.
• Working collaboratively with other internal departments and service providers in partnership with customer.
This is a permanent contract offering a salary of up to £45000 plus a host of benefits
ARE YOU THE ONE WE ARE LOOKING FOR? COULD THIS BE THE NEXT STEP IN YOUR CAREER? IF SO PLEASE GET IN TOUCH – FORWARD YOUR CV TO
Chris.firstname.lastname@example.org , https://uk.linkedin.com/in/chris-hunt-03b24022
40000.00 - 42000.00 GBP Per Annum
SOUTH WIMBLEDON, LONDONRead more
20000 - 22000 GBP Per Annum
16,500.00-20,000.00 GBP Per annum, inc Benefits
YATE, AVON, UNITED KINGDOMRead more
12.00 - 14.00 GBP Per Hour
SOLIHULL, WEST MIDLANDSRead more
25000.00 - 25000.00 GBP Per Annum
KINGS HILL, KENTRead more